Below is the recording of our recent webinar, "Brand Advocates on Facebook: What You Need to Know About Timeline, EdgeRank, and Leveraging Your Superfans." (Click here to view webinar recording on Slideshare.)
- Scott Meldrum, Founder/CEO, Pollin8 (@ScottMeldrum)
- Tami Bhaumik, VP of Customer Success, Zuberance (@TamiBhaumik)
- Brand Advocates are a different breed; They are 50% more likely to influence purchase decisions than other customers, 2X more active content creators, and 75% more likely to share great product experiences.
- Facebook Timeline features give brands more real estate to boost advocacy such as pinning Advocate-generated content, showcasing Advocate reviews, and highlighting Advocate identification.
- Even though these new Timeline features are valuable, 88% of Facebook fans never return to a brand page after "liking" it. Also, due to EdgeRank, only 16% of your fanbase see branded posts in their newsfeeds.
- Brands can work around EdgeRank by giving Advocates content to share on Facebook (such as educational content, videos, offers, etc) and encouraging Advocates to create content themselves and then posting it to Facebook (such as reviews, testimonials, etc.) Though EdgeRank still applies to Facebook users, your Advocates will be reaching people in their networks that most likely aren't fans of your brand on Facebook.
- By leveraging their Advocates on Facebook, brands are increasing reach, building their brand armies, boosting click through rates.