We're in the era of the connected consumer. Every marketer understands this by now (and if they don't, their customer base will soon look like a ghost town). However, as we're running marketing programs day to day, it's easy to forget just how much consumers rely on each other for purchase advice and the importance of online brand reputation. Here are 10 facts that are sure to give you a frightening reminder!
- 80% of consumers change their mind after reading a single bad review (Cone Communications).
- 96% of Facebook fans never return to a brand page after “liking” it (Brandglue).
- Due to EdgeRank, only 16% of your fanbase see branded posts in their newsfeeds (ComScore).
- Only 1% of Facebook fans engage with brands (Ehrenberg-Bass).
- One negative review can cost you 30 customers (Convergys).
- The negative experiences of every 100 shoppers results in the loss of 32-36 shoppers due to customer defection and negative word of mouth (Verde Group).
- Almost half of shoppers have avoided a particular store in the past because of someone else's negative experience (Verde Group).
- Only 33% of Americans have ever followed a brand in social media (Edison Research).
- 67% of social network users say that they rarely pay attention to advertisements on social networking sites (Mintel).
- The average consumer today checks 10.4 information sources before buying (Bazaarvoice).
Yikes! Here's a fact that's far from scary: Each Brand Advocate will bring you 3 new customers. Download "The Business Case For Advocacy" to learn more.