The new Forrester Research Inc report, “Emerging Technology Applications For Marketing," stresses the importance of businesses understanding up-and-coming marketing technology in order to effectively communicate to customers. These technologies are a great support to the marketing mix. Forrester advises CIO’s and CMO’s to work together for ideal business success. In order to stay relevant and reliable, CIO’s should be aware of new technologies that could be incorporated into the marketing strategy, especially in B2B companies. Some key takeaways from this report are as follows:
- When you address customer needs effectively, sales follow. Marketing should focus on putting the customer in the driver’s seat, which ultimately benefits the bottom line.
- 58% of Marketing Professionals think IT and Marketing speak different languages. 56% think IT doesn’t understand our business. In reality, the two departments are very closely related – both have a clear set of processes that help the organization relate to the customer, enhance the brand experience, collect data and help secure revenue.
- One of the four emerging technologies to watch in 2011 is: Brand Advocate platforms to energize Word of Mouth (WOM). Zuberance was given a notable mention as a supplier of this technology!
- Consumers are increasingly more proactive in their advocacy of brands through recommendations across social media channels, which is extremely helpful for B2C companies. But, B2B marketers can use Brand Advocate platforms to encourage WOM by loyal customers in order to generate sales leads, references, and share your thought leadership.
- Brand Advocate platforms are quantifiable! These platforms facilitate sharing through digital and social mediums that have built in analytics tracking WOM results – easily translated to sales impact.
- Encourage your marketing team to get customer feedback on how to improve. With thoughtful responses you can deliver better customer service and collaborate with IT to find new technologies and vendors to address concerns or opportunities.
In conclusion, IT and Marketing can easily work together to employ new marketing initiatives that deliver more value and are sustainable in our highly social world.