This is the second post in an 8-part series: Earning Your Black Belt in Advocate Marketing. Advocate marketing has three key advantages over traditional marketing:
- Advocate Marketing/Word of Mouth marketing has always been more effective over traditional marketing
- Advocate Marketing is less expensive than paid media
- Advocate Marketing is sustainable, it's a program that continues to deliver value over years.
Most people like or follow a brand to get discounts or freebies. Advocates recommend because they want to help others, not because they’re getting coupons, cash, or points. Advocates are your most engaged, enthusiastic and loyal customers.
Last week we discussed the details of brand advocates.
During the rest of your journey to a Black Belt in Advocate Marketing, we will cover:
- 3 Key Benefits of Advocate Marketing
- 3 Reasons to Invest in Advocate Marketing
- How to turn Advocates into a Content Marketing Engine
- How to Reward Brand Advocates
- Understanding the difference between Advocates & Influencers
- How Advocates can become your company’s most successful sales people
Every company in the world, including yours, has Brand Advocates. Get more value from your social media marketing and transform your company by unleashing the most powerful marketing force you have. Your Advocate Army is waiting to build your brand and business.
Are you energizing your Brand Advocates to spread positive word of mouth about your brand?
Next week we will dive into 3 Key Benefits of Advocate Marketing. If you’re on the edge of your seat and cannot wait until next week, run out and pick up a copy (or order online) of Brand Advocates: Turning Enthusiastic Customers into a Powerful Marketing Force.
Porter Gale, the former VP Marketing at Virgin America, calls Brand Advocates the “ultimate guidebook to brand advocacy.” Says Gale: “Advocacy is the ultimate goal for every brand. Rob Fuggetta’s book is simple, clear, and filled with practical advice.”