A growing number of consumer and business brands have Advocate communities -- online communities of their highly-satisfied customers and others who are enthusiastic about the brand, products, cause, or vision.
Why do you need an Advocate Community? Here are five reasons:
1. You need more positive Word of Mouth. Your sales depend on Word of Mouth. Nine out of ten consumers and business buyers say recommendations from friends and peers heavily influence their purchase decisions. Advocate communities are an effective way to super-charge Word of Mouth by encouraging and rewarding Advocates to spread positive WOM about your brand and products.
2. You need more organic reach. Organic reach refers to how many people you can reach for free on Facebook by posting to your page. Organic reach on Facebook has plummeted to about 2% for most brands, according to DMR. This means that you've likely noticed a drop in how many of your fans have been viewing and interacting with your organic posts. An Advocate community helps solves this problem by creating a direct, unfettered line of communication between you and your Advocates.
3. You need more referrals and sales. Brands with Advocate communities are seeing sharp increases in the number of referral leads they’re getting from Advocates. Bomgar, a secure remote access company, increased its referrals by 700% after starting an online Advocate community. In addition, brands are finding that Advocates who are community members spend more than other customers. For example, members of Sephora’s BeautyTalk spend 10X more than non-community members.
4. You need more user-generated content. UGC like user stories, reviews, and testimonials is the most valuable and trusted form of content. Nearly every brand struggles to get more UGC. Advocate communities encourage, enable, and reward Advocates for creating amazing content that’s proven to drive sales.
5. You need to increase loyalty and reduce churn. Even your Advocates can fall out of love with you, at some point. Advocate communities keep the love light on, long after the glow of buying your product starts to fade. An Advocate community helps cement relationships with Advocates by creating ongoing engagement and two-way dialogue.
If these needs resonate with you, an online Advocate community could be a excellent solution for you.