Check out the recording of our recent webinar where we revealed new research, "Three Surprising Facts About Brand Advocates" featuring Founder/CEO of Zuberance, Rob Fuggetta.
3 Surprising Findings About Brand Advocates:
1. Brand Advocates are more active than previously thought
- Advocates recommend 9 brands on average
- 32% recommend 10 or more brands
- 16% recommend more than 15 brands
- Advocates recommend on average 26X per year
- 30% recommend once weekly or more
- Brand Advocates are active in many industries. The categories most recommended are Technology (25%), Restaurants/Dining (15%), and Entertainment/Leisure (14%).
2. Brand Advocates have larger social networks than earlier estimated
- Brand Advocates have 200-450 people in their social networks.
- Online Brand Advocates have 300-600 people in their social networks.
3. Brand Advocates recommend both consumer and business products
- 67% advocate both business and consumer products.
- “Power Advocates” make up about 15% of Brand Advocates. They recommend dozens of products, do so several times a week, and have 500+ people in their social networks.
- 83% of Advocates say their recommendations impact purchase decisions of their friends- 61% say their friends consider buying the recommended product and 22% say their friends actually purchase the recommended product.
- Email (at 57%) and Facebook (at 35%) are the most used online tools for recommending.
- Altruism, not rewards, spur Advocates. 50% say they recommend because they’ve had good experiences with a product/service. 37% say they recommend because they want to help others.
3 Implications for Marketers
- Find and energize Brand Advocates now to drive advocacy and sales.
- B2B Marketers need to engage and energize Brand Advocates.
- Don’t pay or provide financial incentives to Brand Advocates.
All the findings are also outlined in Infographic form here.