Below is the recording from our recent webinar on "Secrets of B2B Social Media & Word of Mouth Marketing" during which top marketers with a breadth of experience running B2B marketing shared social media success stories from brands like Intuit, Adobe, Microsoft, and CDW.
- Only 5% of Chief Marketing Officers rate their companies' online marketing performance as excellent.
- B2B marketers say their top challenges are generating more leads, reaching decision makers, and improving lead quality.
- One of CDW's best marketers and salespeople is "Hard-core" CDW Advocate, Justin Dorfman.
- 83% of online consumers say online reviews influence their purchases.
- Intuit found that Advocates love to share new product information before the public launch (beyond just discount offers.)
- Companies can double their conversions by putting Advocate-generated recommendations on product pages.
- 80% of Intuit's sales are driven by Word of Mouth.
- Brand Advocates are your secret B2B marketing weapon- 90% of buyers trust Word of Mouth vs 14% trust ads.
- Advocacy best practices: 1) Don't pay your Advocates. 2) Make Advocate/Word of Mouth marketing part of ongoing marketing mix. 3) Scale and track advocacy programs.
- How to identify Advocates: Ask them The Ultimate Question, "How likely are you to recommend our brand/product to your friends and colleagues?"
- Build your brand army by identifying Advocates across touch points: Email, website, call center, product page, social media, packaging, etc.
- Advocates recommend because they've had a great experience with your brand/product and they want to help others.
We also conducted a poll during the webinar and asked the audience, "How much of your business comes from Word of Mouth?" ANSWER: 48% say that 50% or more of their business comes from WOM. (See results below.)
Make sure to download our "Top 5 Myths of B2B Word of Mouth" whitepaper.