Below is the recording from our latest social media webinar, "Top 10 Things Advocates Will Do For Your Brand" co-hosted by the Word of Mouth Marketing Association.
- Andy Giefer (@agiefer), Social Media Director, Anytime Fitness
- Laura Messerschmitt (@ljmesser), VP Marketing, Outright (a Go Daddy company)
- Rob Fuggetta (@robfuggetta), Founder/CEO, Zuberance and author of Brand Advocates: Turning Enthusiastic Customers into a Powerful Marketing Force
1. Give you referral leads and help you sell products and services, serving as a virtual salesforce.
Anytime Fitness Advocates have shared 16,167 offers on Facebook, Twitter, and via email. Anytime Fitness is seeing a 20% conversion rate from Advocate offer shares (5X higher than average).
2. Write highly positive reviews of your products or services, boosting your online ratings.
Anytime Fitness Advocates have written over 7,250 glowing reviews and stories which are displayed on Anytime's Facebook page. Advocates have also published their reviews on Yelp which has increased positive reviews by 30% in the past five months.
3. Create glowing testimonials about their experiences with your company or products.
Outright Advocates have written 1,463 stories, some of which are showcased on Outright's website. Of the Advocates who shared their story, 53% chose to share on Facebook.
4. Answer propects' questions, overcoming buyers' objections and reducing shopping cart abandonment rates.
2,440 Advocates for the VoIP provider, Ooma, have opted in to answer prospects' questions. Each question is getting an average of 2.3 answers. Ooma is seeing a 50% click-through-rate among prospects who get questions answered by Advocates.
5. Share your content and offers with their social networks, driving referral leads, clicks, and sales.
Outright Advocates love to share educational content such as a video about their Tax Resource Center. 43% of people in Advocates' networks clicked through to watch the video.
6. Help you launch new products.
Outright energized their Advocates to help launch their new iPhone app. Advocate sharing drove the app to the Top 25 in the app store.
7. Create better ads than your high-priced ad agency and more compelling copy than your most skilled wordsmith.
One Anytime Fitness Advocate described the club as "the Cheers of fitness clubs." Another Advocate wrote, "This club provides the keys to your future success...guaranteed!"
8. Defend your cherished company and brand reputation from detractors.
Auto-windshield repair company, Safelite, boosted ratings on SuperPages.com from 2.35 to 4 stars by energizing their Advocates to write reviews. Advocates gave Safelite an average of 4.9 out of 5 stars!
9. Alert you to competitive threats and market opportunities.
Outright Advocates alert the company when people post incorrect information about their software on the web.
10. Give you profitable ideas and produce feedback.
Outright created a Facebook group exclusively for their Advocates to provide feedback such as input on a new tagline.
To learn more about the power of advocacy, download Chapter One of Rob Fuggetta's new book, "Brand Advocates: Turning Enthusiastic Customers into a Powerful Marketing Force."